Green Smoothies are great, and they are a lot easier than juicing. Many people that start the vegan diet use smoothies as an introduction to the diet. However, green smoothies are great to add to any diet, and as long as you avoid using processed foods, they will provide your body with a wealth of vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function at its best ability.
If you want to add smoothies to your diet purely for health reasons, it is strongly recommended that you make them yourself, and not buy smoothies at restaurants or coffee shops. Generally when these types of businesses make smoothies, they make them for the sole purpose of taste. There are plenty of other ingredients in those smoothies that are not healthy for your body, and in some cases can become detrimental to your health.
Green Smoothies can taste great and you don’t need to add any artificial sweeteners. By simply adding any fruit of your choice, you can make it taste sweet. Adding fruit will also give it the creamy feeling that you get when you add milk, without the dairy! Fruits contain soluble fibers, and the best fruits to add to your smoothies are:
4. All Berries
Apples don’t really contain soluble fibers, but don’t let that stop you from putting it in your smoothie! Adding more fruits only makes it more nutritional, so have a blast and get creative with your smoothies.
Smoothies are beneficial, even if you are not on a diet, and there are in fact numerous health benefits to consuming smoothies daily, including:
1. Increase Your Consumption of Greens and Fruits – Did you know that it is recommended to eat between 4-9 servings of fruit per day? Eating fruits and vegetables can prevent diseases and has even been proven to aid in the prevention of cancer.
2. Great for Weight loss – Smoothies are an amazing way to lose weight naturally and healthily. Try substituting a meal for a healthy well balanced smoothie.
3. More Energy – It has been proven that people who consume all natural smoothies have more energy than those that do not. This is obviously clear, because a smoothie will deliver large amounts of vitamins, minerals and natural sweeteners that will give you that energy boost that you need… without the crash!
4. Increased Fibre Absorption – Green Smoothies are naturally high in fiber because you are using the whole green product and it’s not just “juicing” out the water.
5. Chlorophyll – Chlorophyll does everything from enhancing your immune system to helping with the rejuvenation of your body. Chlorophyll has also been known as a “purifier” of the blood.
6. Stops Cravings – Smoothies will stop that craving that you have for junk food. Because smoothies are rich in vitamins, minerals and natural sweeteners, your body will feel very satisfied after consuming a smoothie!
Smoothies are a great addition to any diet, and can be used for more than just healthy living. Smoothies can be used to target certain health goals by combining certain fruits together. It is always recommended to fully educate yourself on the topic before you begin consuming smoothies.
We believe in education over medication, and all natural smoothies definitely align with that belief. However, it is important to know how each fruit will interact with each other and how much protein/fibre/etc. is in each fruit. I’m not saying to keep a chart of stats, but it is good to generally know how much fibre is in each fruit. The worst case scenario is probably a light case of diarrhea, and that would usually be from mixing the wrong fruits together.